There’s nothing like sitting down to a Thanksgiving dinner with all your favorite sides. I’m the first to admit I am not a fan of canned cranberry sauce. When passed to me I tend to just pass it on down the line. However, this Cranberry Sauce Mojito is an exception!
This was the first time I tried making homemade cranberry sauce and I must say, it was completely different than the gross canned stuff. Not gelatinous at all and the perfect balance of tart and sweet.
To make the Cranberry Sauce I used organic local Cranberries I got from Morning Glory Farm and simmered them on the stove with water, sugar and orange juice.
I think I will be serving these this Thanksgiving as my contribution to Thanksgiving Dinner.
- 12 oz organic cranberries
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons of Cranberry Sauce
- 8-10 Mint Leaves
- 1 Lime Wedge
- 2 oz of Rum
- Sparkling Water
- In a small sauce pan, combine all the ingredients for the cranberry sauce and bring to a boil
- Reduce to a simmer, stirring often to not but the sugar
- Once the combination has thickened, remove from the heat and let it cool (about an hour total)
- In a Collins Glass combine 2 LARGE tablespoons of the cranberry sauce, 4 mint leaves, and a lime wedge. Muddle together
- Add in the rum and mix with a bar spoon
- Fill the glass with ice and more lime wedges, if desired, and top off with sparkling water. Stir GENTLY so not to spill
- Garnish with left over mint leaves and cranberries and ENJOY!