Disclaimer: MVY Living is a part of several affiliate advertising programs. This means that if you make a purchase through certain links on this site or any related social media platforms (including, but not limited to Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest), I may make a small commission from that purchase which allows me to help run this blog. This commission will not alter the price you pay for those purchases. As always, I only ever link to items I own, use or recommend myself and all opinions remain my own.
Happy New years Eve everyone!!! Since the Harborview Hotel is currently closed for renovations I’ve decided to stay home instead of going out and watching the fireworks this year. But that’s not going to stop me from celebrating with the future Mr. and our dogs, Jetty & Rocky.
If you’re hosting a NYE party this year and want to be the toast of the town, I have a simple yet tasty upgrade for your champagne toast.
The Bubbly Countdown is a manageable twist on a Bellini. The trick to create the separation between the blackberry syrup and the Champagne (or Prosecco, Cava, or Brut) is to slowly pour the Champagne over a bar spoon into your champagne flute.
Usually you can find some version of Blackberry Syrup next to the regular syrups in your local grocery store. If not, you can order it right on Amazon.
- Champagne (or Prosecco, Cava, or Brut… your choice)
- 1 tbsp of Blackberry Syrup
- Rosemary sprig for garnish
- Carefully pour 1 tbsp of the blackberry syrup into the bottom of the champagne flute so as not to drizzle on the sides
- Slowly pour the champagne over the back of a bar spoon
- Garnish with a rosemary sprig. A word of caution. If you leave the rosemary in too long the flavor will overpower the cocktail.